November 18, 2007

Snorkeling the Reef

Today I went snorkeling. It wasn't exactly planed. I had wanted to go to the beach yesterday but thanks to continual rain all day long that did not happen. Stephen and Jeffrey were going to go surfing if the waves were good but alas, they were not. And that's when one of them decided snorkeling would be fun. So I jumped on board with them and the 3 of us walked down the hill to the beach at the bottom. Unknown to me there's a great little reef right of the beach which easy immensely easy to swim to and around and has many fun fish and see life. My favorite fish was this bright yellow one with a dominant eye in the middle of it's head area. For some reason he just made me laugh. Anyhow it was just what I needed. Some good exercise, lots of laughs and God's beauty. Oh and we had flippers which made the experience all that more unique.

3 comments:

Amy Van-Mod said...

sounds like fun :)
Did you take that picture?

Laura said...

Did you ever go to the reef at the beach by Magic Isle? During summer project I went out there four or five times. A couple of the guys would go every morning. It's pretty stinking awesome. There was a puffer fish.

Desiree said...

I did not take the picture Amy. I wish i had an underwater camera.
Yah I went to the Rockley Beach reef over Spring Break. I haven't been out there this time around yet. It is a nice reef. :-)