November 16, 2007

Roommate, Rain and Redemption

Ricquel moved in yesterday!! We now have 4 girls in 2 bedrooms and one bathroom. Can it be done!??! We will soon see. I helped her pack up all her stuff yesterday morning. We were literally shoving stuff into suitcases. No folding involved. :-P I'm impressed to that Ricquel got everything put away in one day. It's all tucked in somewhere in our little room. Nice and cozy now. It might take me a bit to get used to having a roommate again. But it will be worth it!

I walked home in the rain again today...but not purposefully. It has rained on and off all day with short quick hard showers. So I thought I could walk from shelter to shelter during the spurts of no rain. Yeah this time around it just rained for a long time. But I was stuck half way up the hill. I finally gave up and just got soaked. Such is life. :-)

I had a really great conversation with a girl on campus today too. We had a focus group yesterday about the validity of the Bible. This girl wanted to go but couldn't make the time so we set up to meet today. We talked for almost 2 hours about the Bible and Christianity and her own spiritual journey. I really enjoyed it. It's conversations like these that remind me of the deeper meaning of being here, beyond the beautiful view and warm weather. Not that those two things are the only things I ever think of but after having many conversations that only go so deep and then you never see the person again it was immensely refreshing to go deep and have the other person still interested in talking some more. We're hopefully going to get together again next week and continue on.

No comments: