So you know where in the Bible it talks about one planting, another watering and the third harvesting? Well we are seeing this actually happen on our campus.
Several weeks ago I met a girl who had a conversation with Michael the week before. We continued talking anyway and by the end of it she prayed to ask Jesus into her life! Crazy! Now I am doing follow up with her and really enjoying getting to know her. This past week she brought a friend along to our time.
Friday Amanda discovered once again that as a team we are working together to farm UWI. Last week a girl, Crystal, prayed to receive Christ with her. At their follow up this past Friday Amanda asked her what really made her decide that she wanted/needed Jesus to be a part of her life. She replied that a girl had shared the 4 Laws with her 2 weeks before and while she had agreed with everything she did not see the need to accept Christ. Then the next week Amanda had walked up and gone through the 4 Laws again and the second time around she began to wonder if maybe this did apply to her. Amanda figured out that I had been the one to share with her the first time, watering and God used Amanda to gather the ripe fruit.
I've been reading Finding Common Ground which speaks a lot to harvesters and sowers. Sometimes it can be more discouraging to be a sower because we do not see the difference we are making but take heart! We are making a difference. Many times I'll never know how God uses these conversations on campus but this week He encouraged me by showing me that He is working through me.
November 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, Desiree, that is awesome.
It's neat to hear how God's using you guys down there in multiple ways and stages like that.
I'm praying for you guys. Do you come home for any of the breaks coming up? I'm assuming at least Christmas?
Post a Comment