November 11, 2007

I can drive around the entire border of this country in 8 hours or less

That's right. Let me repeat that again if you didn't catch it in the title.
I can drive around the entire border of this country in 8 hours or less.

Saturday CCC organized an island tour. In less than 8 hours (6.5 to be more precise I think) we drove the entire circumference. We began at UWI, traveled up the west coast, hit up the north point and then back down the east coast with a drop off at the gap below our apartment. Pretty amazing. How many of you all can say you've driven the circumference of a country!

My favorite part was driving down the East Coast. It's a side of the island we do not get to see very often and the rocks break it up nicely. At one point we turned a corner and all of the sudden in front of us was a splendid view of a valley and the ocean. I love how often you get to see the ocean on this island! duh!

My other favorite part was swimming at Accra (or Rockley Beach). It was our last stop before home and a perfect way to cool off and enjoy some fun fellowship admits the waves. Gorgeous! We also happened to lose Jeffrey's frisbee....oops. sadness.

All in all, a wonderful trip! :-)


No comments: