Welcome to Barbados. It's rainy season down here. They don't have fall or spring or summer or winter. Just rainy and hot. It's rainy right now, getting cooler and by cooler I mean hitting the low 70's. I know, y'all hate me. :-P
Well today it rained. I was meeting with Allen in the canteen (cafeteria) and it was drizzling when we walked out. We ended up in the book store looking at books for a bit and then decided to head back to the apartment...but it had begun to rain droplets. Still not a big issue. I had a plastic bag with me so my stuff would be safe. Allen decided to stay on campus and wait out the rain reading. I had nothing with me to read and lots to do back at the apartment so I decided to risk the rain.
I got to the big tree and realized I kind of liked being dry and wasn't sure I was ready for wet. A nice girl came by and let me walk under her umbrella to a near by building. Once in the building I watched as the rain came down even harder now. Bored. I decided wet wasn't that bad and struck out for home. Within 50 yards I was soaked. But hey, how many times can you actually walk home in the rain w/ little to no negative consequences. Not many. So I enjoyed the feeling of being wet and cold. Took a nice warmer shower when I got home and relish the idea that I'm still spontaneous enough to walk home in the pouring rain.
November 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sorry, i deleted the earlier comment because i left out an important word.
oh rainy season. i remember it fondly. i remember being so cold, and not having any hot water because there hadn't been any sun to warm our solar heating panels, and i tried to boil a huge pot of hot water on the stove and put it in the shower with me so that the steam from the pot could somewhat warm me up. not my best idea. oh yeah, and trying to run on the pasture but having my running shoes swallowed by the muck.
Post a Comment