I re-killed a fish tonight...according to Stephen.
After a long day on campus complete with some frisbee throwing at the end I came back the apartment with only a short time to cook dinner and eat before Staff Bible Study. I bought this pasta packet at the super market a while ago and had some fish in the freezer so I actually opted for a meal instead of PB and J. It was still pretty easy to cook but an actual meal compared to a sandwich (which does not count as a meal in B'dos. It counts as a snack.)
I defrosted the fish and just stuck it in the pan with a little seasoning. Mid cooking Stephen walks in and nearly has a heart attack! "You're butchering the fish!" he proclaimed in anguish. Apparently sticking fish straight into the pan w/o previous preparations is no way to cook. He informed me that if his grandmother saw me she would think I had gone crazy. I told him I didn't have time to prep it and then cook and that besides it tasted fine the way it was. That was hard for him to believe but he did grant me the fact that my taste range is wide and varied. This is to my advantage because it takes less work for me to cook something that I think is good. haha! However, he still claims that it is not nice to kill a fish twice. Once when it stops breathing and the second when you cook it so cruelly.
Regardless when I finally ate my fish and pasta I enjoyed it immensely. Maybe next time I'll prep better and season and marinate it but for now, my stomach is full and I am happy. Besides it's always fun to see Stephen freak out.
November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment