So it's December 16th and it's only now sort of feeling like Christmas. You go into Bridgetown and the population and quadrupled with Christmas shopping. There's a cool night breeze. Spatters of houses have Christmas lights up. Occasionally you'll hear a Caribbean altered Christmas song. The most telling evidence is exams are almost complete and students are eager for a break.
Some of the team would argue that it is not feeling like Christmas. You can still build a good sweat walking down the hill. The sun is still bright and shinny. The low is in the upper 70's. We don't really have a Christmas tree and there's no eggnog but we're managing. I'm looking forward to going home and having a slightly cooler temperature. It's been 80 some in Orlando this past week...it'd better get cold quickly if it knows what is good for it. But maybe it will be a good transition/buffer before I hit Atlanta. I'm definitely built for southern climates. God knew what He was up to when He sent me to Barbados.
December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment