January 4, 2008

finally some cold

I went home for Christmas. Well home being Orlando. We were in the States for 2 weeks. 1 was spent at our respective locations and the 2nd was in Atlanta for Crusade's Unveiled conference.

A lot happened in 2 weeks and looking back I'm surprised I survived but God is faithful and it was pretty fun. Here's a run down and some random thoughts.

Week One: Orlando: family and Kyle
-speed Scrabble (Mike won)
-lots of food
-Matt's graduation party (congrats Matt!!)
-best Christmas Eve tradition ever!! (Asian food and Hercules w/ the Thomases)
-Christmas
-some golf
-movies (2nd National Treasure, We Are Marshall, and Ocean's 13)
-Office and I Love Lucy
-no coldness. Orlando was like high 70's-80's.
-pool
-late nights talking w/ Kyle

Week Two: Atlanta: UF folk and SE CCC Staff, the STINT team (minus Ricquel)
-VERY COLD
-good speakers
-some good time with God
-thinking about my future
-New Years Dance Party
-lots of conversations
-lots of talking about Barbados
-ultimate in freezing conditions...totally worth it though
-Prayer Journey

Favorite things I got for Christmas:
-I Love Lucy episodes on DVD
-travel Yahtzee
-Office Calendar
-chocolate
-running shorts

Random Dad:
My dad kept calling Barbados Bajanland and now my whole family has caught the phrase. crazy.

earliest I went to sleep: 12:40 am
latest I went to sleep: 4:00 am

Things I miss/appreciate about home:
-CARPET
-AC
-dryer
-access to a car
-later store hours
-good Chinese food

Christmas break was good. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet to be back in Barbados but for better or worse I am. I am excited to be here and excited for this next semester though parts of me still want more time in the US. But time will fly. I'm working on engaging here while I still am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.