Yesterday was Independence Day for Barbados. No school, no work. Whoo hooo! I started out the morning by sleeping in a bit and then went running w/ my pose. (Jeffrey, Michael and now Amit) Good run. I actually made it all the way up the hill. Quite an accomplishment if you've seen the hill. of course Jeffrey and Michael make it look super easy.
Later in the evening we started getting ready for our Independence Lime. We set the start time at 7 but really people didn't come till 8 something though we did have some wonderful students there early to help get ready and cook. We provided BBQ chicken and hamburgers and lots of chips (or fries) and real chips and muabi juice and other fun things.
It was also a costume party and like any true foreigner trying to fit in I pulled out my blues and blacks and yellows. Even complete with some face painting. I'll get a picture up here or on facebook soon.
What a blast of a night. We sang and danced and ate and laughed. My favorite part was just seeing students come that we've built relationships with over the past 3 months. In some ways it was a bit of the result of our work this semester. Yay for celebrating!
December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment