September 20, 2007

Visa Extensions and the Amish Maffia

On Wednesday we went to the immigration office to apply for extensions for our visas. After standing in line the lady told us we needed a picture to go with our application. Wisely, someone had set up a little Kodak picture place across the street with a nice sign advertising passport pictures. After following several signs through a grocery store and up some stairs, down a hall way and into a small room we found the place. And then proceeded to crack a deal because there were 5 of us.


Amanda went first and this is when we learned you could not have your shoulders showing...or your teeth. Allen went next. And then it was my turn. In attempt not to show my teeth I also failed to smile. Not caring at all about my visa picture I barely even glanced at the digital shot when the photographer proceeded to ask my approval. Amber followed me and then Jeffrey ended our photo shoot for the day. As the pictures came back we all laughed and giggled...and then we saw mine.

It just happened like that. A friend said I look like I am now Amish. My team thinks I look incredibly angry. All I can say is thank goodness my earrings match my scarf.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Desiree! You didn't tell me you had a blog! I'm super excited that I can stay better informed. I like the picture, by the way, it makes me think of Eastern Europe...

Anyway, love you! Blog often!

Laura

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh this is the funniest thing i've seen all day!!!! ha! love it, desiree! man, this is exactly what i needed....

and i agree with laura, more than the amish mafia i think mama babushka from russia

Amy Van-Mod said...

hehe. I wondered the story behind this picture on facebook :-p