However, getting to the beach isn't as easy as it might seem. Aka we took the wrong bus. We had to walk down our big hill (past the school) to catch a bus at the bottom of the hill. As we're about to reach the bottom we see a bus pass by headed to our stop, so we take off running (like any good American would do). In our haste and joy in catching the bus we forget to ask if we're on the right bus and soon find out we're not. But no problem. We're headed to Bridgetown and can catch another bus from there. Well we thought the bus depot was closer than it was, but even then we're doing fine. We buy our passes and stand in front of the booth waiting for our tickets...finally I ask the guy for them and then he informs us that it's a token not a ticket. What do you know. So we get on our bus and finally make it to the beach, an hour later.
It was well worth the hour. We went to Acra Beach which is the same beach that Magic Isle is on for all your summer projecters/spring breakers. We didn't get much sun because we got there in the afternoon but it was definitely relaxing. Just what Amanda and I needed. Paul (from Barbados and STINTed last year) ran into us on the beach. Allen and Jeffrey came down and met us for dinner so the 5 of us had a delicious meal at Just Grilling.
1 comment:
Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?
Post a Comment