September 30, 2007

Fly Count...6

I have now killed 6 flies by hand (or foot). The last one was by finger. The occurrence took place in the boys apartment on Saturday morning. There were many flies (about 5) swarming the table where I was sitting trying to check email. My hand was resting next to the computer and a fly happened to be resting next to my hand. A thought occurred. I wonder if I could squish it with my finger. Doubting that it would actually happen, because flies tend to be quick and sly, I was vastly surprised when my finger came in contact with a very squishy nasty fly. Yes, I squished a fly with my finger. Do not fear. I thoroughly cleaned my hands after.



Fly Count: 6

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah whatever, you just got one who was Day 3 of his three-day life cycle. :)

try to get one of the really fast-moving ones - one of the ones who is on Day One of his life cycle. Drew on my team last year mastered the technique of scooping them up with his hand and squishing them by closing his fingers around them.

Desiree said...

ewww! nasty francine. but it is a noble goal! It seems like many of them around here are on day 3. don't tell anyone else that it's really not that hard...lol.

Unknown said...

Heh heh, now I know how you do it.

Jessica said...

Desiree!! I have just discovered you blog. Saw your mom today at the office, her desk is right next to mine. How are you doing? I am excited to read about how your STINT is going. Will definitely be praying for you. Can't wait to hear how many more flies you kill.haha.