It got warmer today. Warm and humid. I live in Florida. It's been such wonderful weather the last month or so but the heat wave is coming. When you don't dare wear jeans unless you're going to a nice enough place that's willing to blast AC. When every foot wear option is open toed. When you don't worry about tan lines because you know tomorrow is another loosing battle; or will eradicate the farmers tan you got today.
More evidence of the state I live in is the proficiency of bugs. Big bugs, little bugs, red bugs, bugs with pinchers, mole crickets, moths, and mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are the worst. I'd love to help make them extinct.
I played some sand volleyball last night. We experienced the majority of these bugs first hand. They were climbing through the sand mounds like a Navy Seal scales beach dunes. They also ran a mean offensive, flying into peoples eyes and popping up in front of them at any given time.
I also realized that Florida makes a person different. It makes them used to all these bugs. It's not abnormal to be able to name a hand full of creepy crawlies by more than their color. Or to pick them up without batting an eye.
** on another note: I'm watching the NFL draft on tv and there's a commercial for a device that cracks eggs and guarantees not shells in the bowl. good gracious!
April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've seen that egg-cracking thing. Haha. Made me laugh. I should probably know this, but what are your summer plans? Still in Orlando? Nick and I will be down there May 22-31st for Staff training with GCM (11-12 hour days pretty non-stop), but then after that, we're hanging around Orlando/Jacksonville to do some initial support-raising/seeing old friends of mine. :) You still going to be in town? I'd love to grab lunch with you sometime if I can sneak away from the training or something.
Post a Comment