April 22, 2009

Proverbs

When I was in high school for whatever reason I decided to read through Proverbs. I think the idea of reading the Bible on my own had finally gotten through my head so I decided to give it a try. Proverbs was the first book I read from start to ed. Ever since it's had a warm place in my heart. I appreciated Proverbs because I could understand it and it was very straight forward, and practical. I think I was a little surprised by how practical it really was!

Reading Proverbs also changed my relationship with God. Getting into the Bible regularly made a drastic change in my life. It was like the difference between going to the pool once a week to jump in the water and lay in the sun compared to going daily and spending 4 hours training.

All that to say, it had such a big impact in my life that I'm challenging my two groups of girls to read through Proverbs as well. 4 Chapters a week. That's do able. We made journals so that they can keep track of what chapters are on what week and also to write down their favorite verse from every chapter.

I think I may read through Proverbs again with them! It never gets old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow blogger! Love ~Maria

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.