April 6, 2009

I love Ultimate Frisbee

I play ultimate every Sunday with some people from my church. It's awesome fun! Ultimate is something that has been a part of my life for the past 6 years. It started my freshman year, playing with Crusade kids on Flavet Field and then kind of playing with some of the club peoples. And then it turned into Allen and Aubrey's small group playing and I just came along with Rebekah till we started recruiting more girls. Even when I moved to Barbados we kept the tradition alive. Man it's hard to play ultimate with teams of 4 on recently aerated fields with heavy wind! Finding a group in San Diego was one of my top priorities when I moved and God provided a fun group! The games are getting more and more intense which I kind of enjoy. It's hard for me to play non-competitive games of ultimate. This last week a guy got a nice bruise on his nose thanks to a high flying saucer. I won't name the culprit but you know him/her. The weather is beginning to warm up and ultimate is going to keep on getting better and better!

2 comments:

-Tiffany said...

Yes, I was there... the "eh eh em" culprit was pointed out!

One reason I refuse to wear sunglasses while playing UF is the factor of getting bonked in the face- it's usually the glasses that do the most harm, not the frisbee!

Desiree said...

hshs! smart thinking Tiffany. i just don't like sun glassses in general.