I've been back in the States for 2 weeks ago. It wasn't till Monday that reality hit and I realized I was back for a substantial amount of time. The trigger to that reality was kind of funny though.
I had a doctors appointment this week. So Monday I dropped my dad off at Panera and then drove to the doctors office. I get to the front desk and tell them my name and appointment time. It takes the receptionist a little while to find me and this is why: My appointment was for Tuesday not Monday!! I had gone on the completely wrong day. Needless to say I wasn't happy about driving so far for nothing and knowing I was going to have to return the very next day. I got back in the car to drive home and that's when it all hit me. That Orlando was reality and Barbados was no longer home. I shed some tears I'll admit. It was probably good. I've cried surprisingly little since being back.
I have loved seeing friends and spending time with my family but I miss Barbados, the community there, my amazing team, the hamsters, sunshine and beautiful beaches, surfing, and lots of laughs.
July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment