April 6, 2008

Surfing

Something I've picked up over the past couple months is surfing. Matt (my twin) surfs and so I've been out w/ him a couple times in Florida but not that many and was never very excited about it. It was a lot of paddling for not a lot of wave. But my first experiences have served me well anyhow. At least I know how to carry a surf board.


Anyhow our downstairs neighbor, Amit, is into surfing and Stephen (CCC student) is into it so Jeffrey quickly got sucked into it since they are all inseparable. One of my main girls that I hang out with loves surfing too so I started going along for something to do, it got me to the beach, to hang out w/ Jessie and then because I enjoy it!


On Saturday we went to Drill Hall. The waves were small and choppy and the current was strong. I eventually came out and had almost drifted to the Hilton so I went ahead and walked over there anyhow. It's a nice looking hotel. Maybe one day when I'm rich and famous I'll stay there. :-P Later on I caught a ZR to Accra and bought a rash guard. I am officially dedicated, at some level, to surfing as monies have been spent. whoo hoo!


Amit has a wobble board which is supposed to help you learn to balance and simulate a similar feel to riding a board on a wave. Jeffrey taught me how to use it last weekend. It's so fun! I've gotten good enough to go around our little car park twice without falling off. It doesn't happen every time though. I am really going to miss the beautiful beaches here and the great waves, even though I can't half surf all that great. Good waves make it a lot easier.

No comments: