June 27, 2010

Church

Today we went to church. It reminded me a lot of church in Barbados. There were 2 woman who did interpretive dance for the duration of praise and worship time. The "message" before the offering was as long as one of our normal sermans. It was all in Spanish and so I switched back and forth from trying to listen and discern meaning to working on writing my life style talk and organizing my testimony.

At one point they had our whole team come up from and introduce ourselves. That was really neat. Everyone was glad to see us and happy to hear that we would be talking about life and Jesus in the local schools.

After church we went to another church where we met others that are partnering with us. We had lunch and talked about how the church, volunteers, and ministries can work together to reach high school students.

Tomorrow we go into the schools. I'm excited to see how the language barrier works. I'm excited to get to meet more students.

My Spanish is definitely coming back a little. High school work is paying off!

p.s. Plantains here are awesome!!!

No comments: