The summer project group arrived Wednesday. Our first encounter with them was Thursday afternoon for some training. Their first encounter with Cheffette was Thursday night for dinner and the memorable 1st bus ride happened Friday night as they overshot our bus stop and took a night tour of the West coast of the island.
They're an awesome group. 8 students, 4 staff. I spent a full day with Michelle Essary picking up Becky (the last student to arrive) at the airport on Saturday. Catching 4 buses in one day has a way of eating up your time. Might actually miss catching buses after this...in a weird way.
I almost cried on the bus Saturday morning on the way to meet Michelle because it finally hit me that I'm leaving soon; 4 weeks soon. 4 weeks seems like a long time but honestly it will fly by. My time in Barbados has been amazing. Extraordinary. (Allen says I over use amazing.) I have grown so much this year. I have experienced some of the hardest things in my life but also some of the best during this time. I shall not easily forget the lessons learned here.
I'm excited for the next weeks though and what God continues to teach me and grow me. :-)
June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey :) It was great talking with you Sunday. I miss you, girl. It's been awesome this year to read about all that's been going on down there. I pray that this next month is full of great experiences, good farewells, and is just a great way to end the year.
Post a Comment